Management and Team Development Training Course
Managers and Team Leaders who need to be fully aware of the issues surrounding the management and development of their staff (direct and indirect reports)
Format of the course
The course will be a highly-interactive combination of:
- Facilitated Discussions
- Slide Presentations
- Exercises and Case Studies
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the different skills required for Managing and for Leading
- Develop their team in the most-effective way
- Explain how best to deliver Change in their part of the organisation
- Manage staff performance better
- Successfully negotiate their preferred solutions
- Explain how to deal with the difficult situations they may encounter in the office
Leadership v Management
- The similarities and differences between Leadership and Management. What makes a Great Leader;
- what makes a Great Manager?
- Management Styles
- Organisational Climate
- Merging Management Styles with Organisational Climate
Developing a Successful Team
- What is a Team?
- The stages of Team Development
- How can a manager influence the stages of Team Development…?
- Setting Objectives
- Managing Individuals’ Performance
- Coaching for Improved Performance
- Feedback as a Performance Management tool
Successfully Delivering Change
- Why Change does (or does not!) work
- The 9 key change principles
- The emotional reactions to change
- Resistance to change – and the benefits of resistance
Negotiating for Best Results
- Communication in Negotiation
- The importance of Effective Presentations
- Different Negotiating Strategies
- Comparing Strategies
- Building Rapport
- The 3-phase Negotiating Process
- What causes conflict?
- The Phases of Conflict Handling
- Understanding the Conflict
- Understanding your / the other person’s position in the conflict
- Resolving the Conflict
- Kilmann’s Five Conflict-Handling Modes – and how to apply them
- Bridging the Gap
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price